[Kolab-devel] New z-push packages available

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Sep 13 19:31:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

there have been continuous updates for the z-push testing packages and I
didn't bother to announce all of them. But this time things are a little
different. With z-push 1.5beta1 we now have the first relicensed packages
available!

A lot of code has been rewritten in order to avoid patent issues in the US and
therefor several changes in kolab-z-push were required. Alain has been working
on this for some time and he managed to get everything working again.

Please test the packages from the usual place at

    http://files.kolab.org/incoming/wickert/z-push-testing/ix86-debian5.0/

The new packages (z-push 1.5 and kolab-z-push 0.6.4) are in the 'unstable'
folder. Of course you will still need PEAR-Kolab_Zpush and kolab-webclient
too, but as both haven't changed for some time, most testers should already
have them installed.

We know the code is far from perfect and we cannot guarantee that it works
with all devices, but as the z-push new code is the future, we will focus our
development on the 1.5 series.

Please help me getting the new packages tested, so I stop calling them
'unstable' ASAP.

Regards,
Christoph

--