[Kolab-devel] State of the Wiki

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 9 19:08:11 CEST 2010

Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
> * Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> [20100909
13:26]:
> > That'd be nice. For a wildcard cert, this same IP address could be used
> > (I had mistakenly put down 108 while I meant to say 109... freudian
> > typo...)
>
> wildcard cert sent in private mail,
> DNS A record wiki-testing.kolab.org -> 108 is now available

Thank you.

> > A good idea, but I don't actually administer the kolabsys.com DNS myself,
> > Georg has it registered and maintains it. I've let him know this is going
> > to be a little problematic and we'll see what we can do about it before
> > Sept. 23rd. To Be Continued.
>
> Until then I'll keep the A record.
>
> I suggest you'll do the migration before noon of 23rd (could be 21st
> or 22nd, too) and forward the tcp ports to the new machine when
> you're ready. Using rinetd this is trivial, I just added forwarding
> from non-default ports:
>   http://wiki.kolab.org:81/
>   https://wiki.kolab.org:444/
>
> Just change 81 and 444 to 80 and 443 in /etc/rinetd.conf, and run
> "/etc/init.d/apache2 stop && /etc/init.d/rinetd restart" when you
> want to do the final switch.

You may see this a little differently, but as a Senior System Engineer I
actually find it somewhat offensive you feel the need to explain me how I need
to forward a couple of ports, or shut down a webserver, out of the blue no
less.

> I will then change the DNS record and the world should know it well
> before 22:15.
>
> The wiki currently has no incoming email support. Just tell me if
> you need any forwardings for things like email confirmation. This
> can be added before the actual switch.

Nope, nothing like that is necessary. It might be beneficial to add, in the
kolab.org zone, the spf records for the mail exchangers that are going to
(appear to) send out the emails for the wiki, but that has also not completed
on our end yet -I suppose we can follow up on that later, as well.

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG