[Kolab-devel] Native Packaging, Issue Tracking & Restructuring the SCM

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Thu Sep 9 13:43:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm not a kolab developer, but just one thought comes to me when reading
this thread.  This is somewhat orthogonal to Kolab itself.

Has Launchpad been considered?  I find it a useful system to communicate
with the project developers and look up/comment on existing bugs, code,
etc.  It appears to integrate (well?) with various SCMs (Ubuntu use Bazaar,
I think).  It's also heavily used by and tailored toward projects which
package code for the distributions.  It would (I guess) relieve the
developers of the need to maintain their own.

Pages like this one:
	https://launchpad.net/schooltool
	https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox

illustrate a nice project overview page (particularly including the
series/milestones), source code browsing, a bug tracker, translations,
blueprints, a Q&A section all integrated together and cross-linkable.

Perhaps it isn't suitable, I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Gavin