[Kolab-devel] [issue4531] /etc/init.d/kolab needs LSB headers

Christoph Wickert issues at kolab.org
Tue Sep 7 16:00:48 CEST 2010

New submission from Christoph Wickert <wickert at kolabsys.com>:

/etc/init.d/kolab needs LSB headers, otherwise newer init implementations such
as instserv, upstart or systemd will bail out.

This is only a suggestion and not yet finalized:

#!/bin/sh
##
##  kolab -- startup/shutdown transfer script for OpenPKG /kolab hierarchy
##
# chkconfig:   11 00
#              Contacts and more.

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: kolab spamassassin amavisd apache httpd clamav imapd postfix sasl
saslauthd openldap MTA
# Required-Start: $local_fs $network $named
# Required-Stop: $local_fs $network
# Should-Start: $syslog $remote_fs
# Should-Stop: $syslog $remote_fs
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-Description: Startup/Shutdown script for OpenPKG /kolab hierarchy
#              Contacts and more. This script starts/stops the OpenPKG
#              /kolab hierarchy.
### END INIT INFO

Todo:
- Do we need $remote_fs?
- Are the provides really sane? Should we provide all the services even though
they are not in their usual places? Are the provides complete?
- Are the values for chkconfig (needed for Red Hat/SuSE etc) ok? They are
taken from the current OpenPKG, but to me they seem to early
- Different names for provides on different distributions: sasl on Debian is
saslauthd on Red Hat/Fedora/(open)SUSE, apache on Debian is httpd on Red
Hat/Fedora/(open)SUSE, ...
- Leave Default-Start/Stop up to the system?
- How to we get this into the OpenPKG package? Patch it or completely replace
the files?

messages: 26303
nosy: cwickert
status: unread
title: /etc/init.d/kolab needs LSB headers