[Kolab-devel] setting allowcrossdomainacls yes

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 2 19:44:36 CEST 2010

Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> So, as I understand it, what you've implemented is strictly DAC for now and
> the feature is turned off by default (the simplest form of MAC).

The patch implements DAC, yes, currently part of 2.2.4 -I haven't actually
written it ;-)

> Given that DAC alone suits me and our v2.2.4 server is in production now
> with all three domains active, am I in a position to turn
> cross domain acls on or do we need to take extra technical steps to do so?

I'd recommend using a pre-production environment if you have one, to see if
the implementation actually suits your needs. I expect it will, but I cannot
give you a guarantee ;-)

There should be no more technical steps required.

> Is the feature in use elsewhere in production?

Not that I'm aware of -seeing as how 2.2.4 has been released relatively
recently, that doesn't surprise me.

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG