[Kolab-devel] Cyrus IMAP groups patch

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 2 18:29:12 CEST 2010

Hi Mathieu,

Zitat von Mathieu Parent <math.parent at gmail.com>:

> Mathieu Parent
>

> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Thomas Jarosch
> <thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 1. September 2010 14:43:33 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
>> wrote:
>>> Could you please describe the scenario you are using it in?
>>
>> The patch is used to provide virtual user groups as the mail
>> users don't have real shell accounts. We don't use LDAP,
>> so getting the group information from LDAP won't work for us.
>
> There are currently two modules in ptloader: ldap and afskrb.

Thanks for looking into that Mathieu!

> Those
> module are 1250 and 560 lines long. This should be possible to write a
> "flat file" pt module. Only init and auth_state functions need to be
> implemented (but it is not well documented).
>
> from ptloader.h:
> <<<
> struct pts_module {
>     const char *name;
>
>     void (*init)(void);
>     struct auth_state *(*make_authstate)(const char *identifier,
>                 size_t size,
>                 const char **reply, int *dsize);
> };

Jeroen, do you believe providing a solution based on Mathieus
suggestion would indeed be easy for you? If so it looks like we could
get rid of a patch which is hard or impossible to get in upstream
while retaining the same functionality in a clean way. Christoph, what
do you think?

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Mathieu