[Kolab-devel] cyrus 2.4.0?

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Sat Oct 16 10:42:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

I got this question related to Kolab:

==============
Hi Richard,

I wonder if you already have any experiences with cyrus-imapd-2.4.0. Do
you think it would make sense to update to that release? Or would it be
better so stay with the 2.3 branch and wait for some time to let 2.4
settle?

Are the Kolab patches already present for 2.4? Are they even needed?
==============

Information from the cyrus website:

Posted on 11 oct 2010 cyrus-imapd-2.4.0 released
We are pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.0. This release
should be considered production quality but hasn't yet been widely tested. For
full details, please see:
http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.0/changes.php
http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.0/install-upgrade.php

Will Kolab soon use 2.4.0 or will that wait till the next major Kolab release
(2.3.0)?

--
Richard