[Kolab-devel] Issue tracking (is: Bugzilla (Re: Native Packaging, Issue Tracking & Restructuring the SCM))

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Oct 4 12:13:43 CEST 2010

For those following the topic:

Am Mittwoch, 15. September 2010 23:26:25 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> > Given my experience and the current workflow of ongoing client
> > development I believe roundup is a better choice.
>
> Maybe it is, but you still did not name a single argument against bugzilla
> or pro roundup.

after exchanging these emails, Christoph and myself had the opportunity to
talk this over in person in the last days and I have made a proposal
in the end that Christoph agreed to:

As we all want to improve the server development process and
Christoph drives it, he will come up with a list of requirements
he has towards the issue tracking tool.

And Thomas and Sascha will change roundup to match Christoph's requirements
as far as possible. This should be done this week for the quick things
and within the next two weeks for the more intrusive things.

Let us all put stuff in the wiki about this, if we can.

After one server development cycle we aim for a reevaluation
about which tool to use, based on the new experiences.

Best,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.