[Kolab-devel] Redesigning Kolab's web presence

Paul James Adams adams at kolabsys.com
Tue Nov 23 11:22:53 CET 2010

On Tuesday, November 23, 2010 09:09:28 am Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> "dedicated-to-kolab.org" would be good so that the content can be
> controlled to a certain degree. I also think we should not display
> things on the initial page that tell nothing to the users.

Totally agreed.

> In addition: blue has been traditionally associated with the Kolab
> server and I wouldn't throw that away completely.

Once upon a time, Kolab was primarily green. Remember those days?

I agree that we need to keep being blue. This is important to ensure that the
new identity relates back to what has been before and is not too much of a
shock to the world.

> The first headline is definitely too large. I barely see the menu line
> on my netbook anymore. The second one is okay. I don't mind wasting
> some screen space in favor of a "light" look. But it should definitely
> still work on small screens.

OK, I will restate this to the design guys.

> Maybe we should keep comments to the mailing list? As far as I was
> able to determine from the IRC log there was nobody beside Paul and
> the design team.

Well there are 4 of us:
- Nuno Pinheiro (Oxygen team, design)
- Ingo Malchow (Oxygen team, technical)
- Jeroen van Meeuwen
- Me

Jeroen was unable to make the meeting last week as he was in transit to
Switzerland.

> So feedback via the mailing list might be easier.

I am happy with this, if this is the preferred route. I will continue to
anounce the meetings and all will be welcome, nonetheless.

All the best,
Paul

--
Dr. Paul J. Adams