[Kolab-devel] KEP 3: Introduction of 'subevent' sub-tag for 'exclusion' from 'recurrence'

Sérgio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Wed Nov 17 17:26:31 CET 2010

On Wednesday 17 November 2010 11:50:07 Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Another decision that has been in the pipeline since 2007 was the question
> of handling exceptions from recurrence in ways that do not break the
> logical link between recurring events and their exceptions.
>
> The initial proposal for how to resolve this was still made by Martin
> Konold, and I think it makes sense, so I wrote it up for a KEP.

This is good, we can finally change one single occurrence without having to
send *two* iTip messages to attendees ( one adding a new incidence, and
another changing the exception list of the original incidence ).

One invitation e-mail will be enough.

I would suggest to use the "recurrence-id" terminology to identify such
exceptions.

"recurrence-id" is the name of this feature in the ical and iTip standards,
and it's equal to the occurrence's dtstart.

      <exclusion>

	<recurrence-id> date1  </recurrence-id>

        <subevent>

          <start-date>new-date1</start-date>