[Kolab-devel] Kolab CVS installation

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed May 19 11:10:43 CEST 2010

* Andrey Semyonov <gatekeeper.mail at gmail.com> [20100517 11:47]:
> First, I want to mention that wiki page
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Beta_testing doesn't address
> current changes into build procedure (for example, install-kolab.sh
> doesn't have options -D/-S any more neither has install-kolab.sh from
> 2.2.3 source distribution mentioned in wiki's first step; also the
> step to build 00index.rdf is not explicitly described and executing su
> - kolab -c "eval `/kolab/etc/rc --eval all env` && cd `pwd` && make"
> gave me only 00index.rdf.tmp with a final tip: Remember to update
> 00INDEX.rdf! and so on...)

1st.README documents creating the index.

> :::: /tmp/install-kolab.13050.5947.15681.18722/apache-php-5.3.2-20091129_kolab1.src.rpm
> ::::
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         apache-php::with_mhash = yes is needed by (installed)
> kolabd-2.2.3-20091217
>
> Does this mean I must manually edit install-kolab.sh to hardcode -D
> apache-php::with_mhash?

No, you need to manually remove any old binaries which were built
with different options than currently needed (i.e. apache-php and
php), so they get rebuilt from source (automatically with the
correct options).

Unfortunately OpenPKG can't determine this automatically: If it sees
a binary RPM, it will use it. This might be good if you compiled
with additional options, but bad if kolabd needs more options for
php than before.

All this will be solved in the near future when switching from
OpenPKG to native packaging.

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998