[Kolab-devel] [issue4370] KMail: no warning for untrusted user-id of OpenPGP key configured for kmail identity.

Marc Mutz issues at kolab.org
Fri May 7 09:31:50 CEST 2010

New submission from Marc Mutz <marc at kdab.net>:

Break-out from issue 1942 #1-comment.
To reproduce:
1. Create a kmail identity with (primary) email address EA.
2. Create a key with (or use an existing one) with user-id matching EA.
   Make sure that user-id is untrusted. In my case, there were further, fully
   trusted, user-ids. This might be a factor.
3. Configure the key from (2) as the OpenPGP encryption key for the identity
   from (1).
   -> There's no warning about the untrusted state here, but that's
      not the point of this issue.
4. Send an encrypted mail using the identity from (1).
   -> Expected: I'm warned about the untrusted state of my own identity's key.
   -> Actual: I'm not warned. Maybe that's intended, to keep the volume of
      warnings down?

assignedto: marc
keyword: crypto, enterprise35, kde client, kksa, proko2branch
messages: 25023
nosy: bernhard, ludwig, marc, till, vkrause
priority: bug
status: unread
title: KMail: no warning for untrusted user-id of OpenPGP key configured for kmail identity.