[Kolab-devel] Cannot create a source distribution. Was Re: CVS build failures

Alex Potter alex at ap-consulting.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 11:06:33 CEST 2010

On Saturday 27 Mar 2010 15:29:36 Alex Potter wrote:
> While building from CVS according to the excellent directions given at
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Beta_testing, except for using
> sources for 2.2.3, the following commands failed:
>
> 	make -e -C pear/PEAR-Auth_SASL dist
> 		Resolved: see
> 			http://fuji.ap-consulting.co.uk/~alexp/kolab/cvs-pear-helper.patch
>
> 	make -e -C php-kolab/Kolab_Filter dist
> 		The build system seems somewhat confused as to the names of the files
> 		it's currently processing. I've been unable to work out what's going
> 		on here.
>
> Should I create issues for either of these failures?
>
> Log extracts are shown below.

After a `cvs update` in the early hours of this morning, the build completed
successfully, after I'd patched pear.mk.

However, when attempting to create a source distribution using the new
packages, according to the instructions at
<http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Beta_testing#Creating_the_source_distribution>,
the command `cd /kolabbuild/original && ./install-kolab.sh -S -t koldev` it
failed with the following error: "Illegal option -S"

Has the procedure changed since the wiki was last edited?

Regards

Alex