[Kolab-devel] Completing ActiveSync integration in Kolab, and a request for input on IMAP annotatemore extensions

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Tue Mar 23 11:19:53 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 11:08:47 Alain Abbas wrote:
> 1) a variables who tell if the device is in folder mode or flat mode
> 2) we could have a global setting by device type in the config file
> where to store the by device setting?

In order to avoid introducing too many flags, we could put this  into the same
variable by making the binary "yes/no" synchronisation a bit mask.

In result, it would look like this:

        /vendor/kolab/activesync

defaults to a value of 1, if not set, or will be parsed as a string of the
format:

                <BITMAP>[;<SERIAL NO>:<BITMAP>[;<SERIAL NO>:<BITMAP>[...]]]

        with <SERIAL NO> = serial number of the phone
        and <BITMAP> =
           bit 0: synchronise: <yes|no>
           bit 1: fold into flat hierarchy: <yes|no>
           bit 2: make this the target for new items from the phone: <yes|no>

where sanity checking of bit 2 would be the responsibility of the
administrative interface, you would simply look for the first folder you find
with this flag set and put new items of that category into them.

This should allow for any possible use case anyone might ever want, I think.

> is cyrus is ready to store our annotations or it needs patchs ?

That is the big question, and the one that was really the one posed to the
list in the initial email - unfortunately we got sidetracked.

We know it should, and I believe Bernhard Herzog has pointed out how it is
supposed to work with the current cyrus, but we still need to define that
annotation and then test whether it works as well in practice as theory
suggests.

Any help on that would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve