[Kolab-devel] Completing ActiveSync integration in Kolab, and a request for input on IMAP annotatemore extensions

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Tue Mar 23 09:09:06 CET 2010

On Monday 22 March 2010 19:03:22 Alain Abbas wrote:
> this is the serial number of the phone ( hardwired) it is inique

Thanks for the clarification, this is good to know.

But I still believe it makes a lot of sense to define the extended IMAP
attribute phone specific, because in my experience it is possible that users
would want to define two different paths of synchronisation for different
information on their phone.

That way they can synchronise Contacts through ActiveSync and Calendar through
SuperSync2012, because there are two clients on their "futurephone" that are
both broken in different ways that we could not anticipate.

> i think its not possible it is hard like the mac address

Indeed. There may be future synchronisation schemes that use a different source
number for their identification towards the server, and we cannot exlude a
potential overlap of these namespaces.

Hence so far I'm still in favor of

	/vendor/kolab/activesync

as the name for the extended IMAP annotation, which could be re-used in case
someone else (Horde?) came up with another activesync implementation, but
won't taint the namespaces for other potential syncronisation protocols.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve