[Kolab-devel] Do we need all these perl modules?

Mathieu Parent math.parent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 17:06:44 CET 2010

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> wrote:
> Quoting Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com>:
>

>> "Christoph Wickert" <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've noticed that the Kolab perl-* packages contain a lot of perl
>>> modules each, some of them up to 70 modules. Are all these modules
>>> really needed or did soneone just take the open-pkg packages because
>>> they were already available?

You can take a look at the current debian dependencies,
<http://packages.debian.org/sid/kolabd>.

Currently the Kolab deb team only maintains 7 packages:
- 5 server packages (kolab-webadmin, kolabd, libkolab-perl,
php-kolab-filter, php-kolab-freebusy),
- one dependency package (kolab-cyrus-imapd, which is cyrus-imap with
some patches ; postfix patches are already upstream),
- one web client package (kolab-webclient, currently experimental).
- (there is also the unmaintained kolabadmin, you can ignore).

There are strong dependencies on perl packages and Horde packages (for
php-kolab-* and for kolab-webclient), but none of those dependencies
are patched for kolab (except kolab-cyrus-imapd).

I you want a complete kolab web client, you will probably need to
patch the horde packages also, but it works without.

Mathieu Parent