[Kolab-devel] Do we need all these perl modules?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Mar 22 15:24:29 CET 2010

"Christoph Wickert" <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

>I've noticed that the Kolab perl-* packages contain a lot of perl
>modules each, some of them up to 70 modules. Are all these modules
>really needed or did soneone just take the open-pkg packages because
>they were already available?

As a side-note question; are Christoph and I going to have to make available cross-distro all the packages included in the OpenPKG version of Kolab packages, and if so, is that:

- because of OpenPKG, or
- because they are all dependencies of Kolab?

For more details on the background of this question, please see http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/User:Kanarip/Package_Dependencies

Kind regards,

-- Jeroen