[Kolab-devel] [issue4229] Kontact hangs when switching to calendar with incorrect interval tag in event (rt#6063)

Emanuel Schuetze issues at kolab.org
Fri Mar 19 10:20:29 CET 2010

New submission from Emanuel Schuetze <emanuel at intevation.de>:

Tested with Kontact enterprise35 20100312.1103674:

- create new calendar folder in KMail
- sync
- save incorrect events [1] in IMAP calendar folder on server side
- sync Kontact (in KMail view)
-> events now visible in calender folder (via KMail)
- switch to calendar component
=> Kontact hangs while reading events of calendar!

[1] I get 5 problematical events from our customer. Note: The events are
confidential, so I'll send the files in personal mail to allen.

All 5 events are event with recurrence and have a empty "<interval></interval>"
tag. The Kolab format spec requires a number as value:
"<interval>(number, default 1)</interval>"
(see http://kolab.org/doc/kolabformat-2.0rc7-html/c300.html)

All 5 events are created by "User-Agent: proko2/resmgr". Probably a Kolab Server
issue because the resmgr accepts automatically new invitations.

assignedto: allen
keyword: enterprise35, kde client, kkc
messages: 24293
nosy: allen, emanuel
priority: critical
status: unread
title: Kontact hangs when switching to calendar with incorrect interval tag in event (rt#6063)