[Kolab-devel] Poll: Kolab server switching to Mercurial SCM?

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Mar 10 16:50:55 CET 2010

* Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de> [20100225 16:29]:
> Please choose one of:
> +1 (I want it)
>  0 (I can live with it)
> -1 (I do not agree, please add a short rationale)
>
> Deadline for this poll is next Thursday, March 4th, 12:00 UTC.

So at the deadline and until now we have:
AU$0.02
+1
+1
-1 changed into a 0
(and of course two +1 from Sascha and me, but I wasn't sure if I
should count them, luckily it does not matter)

So the result is something between +2.02 and +5, which is not much,
but enough to approve the choice of Mercurial as the next SCM for
Kolab server development.

Thank you for participating in this little poll!

Next step is providing the infrastructure. While there already is
hg.intevation.org, we also wanted to create a Mercurial plugin for
wald.intevation.org, which currently runs GForge.

For the implementation Wald should be upgraded to a current
FusionForge installation, so we can write the plugin for a project
which is not dead, but I just noticed that this was already done:
gforge-plugin-scmhg (which despite the packaghe name is FusionForge)
is already available in Debian/experimental.

Emanuel (who wrote the Kolab Server 2.2 operating manual) already
created the project pages http://wald.intevation.org/projects/kolab/
and http://wald.intevation.org/projects/kolab-server/, currently
the kolab-users-de mailing list is hosted here.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998