[Kolab-devel] Object Interlinking Application

Mon Jun 7 09:18:32 CEST 2010

> In which way was the "categories" concept in
> H3 not enough for what you needed?

For one, categories do not have 'types', such
as 'customer', 'project', etc., nor the fancy
little icons to go with it. Secondly, renaming
a category would surely break the concerned
links (though it seems they cannot even *be*
renamed, which makes sense as their name is
the primary key (?)), whereas Baka groups use
IDs to facilitate the connections.

> Would tagging help (it is implemented in H4)?

Perhaps, perhaps not. It would depend on
how it is implemented and to what extent
all the applications support it... But
seeing it as H4 is still far away (in Kolab
terms) and our little chat with Georg Greve
and Christoph Wickert turned up that Kolab
will quite likely move away from Horde
altogether, this is probabaly of little or
no consequence.

Sincerely,
Simon Bausch,
TBits.net GmbH