[Kolab-devel] [issue4402] Renaming a subscribed folder can lead to emails moved into lost-and-found

Bernhard Reiter issues at kolab.org
Tue Jun 1 16:21:19 CEST 2010

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Today I've renamed a folder, synced and then moved more emails into it.
During one of the next syncs I get the confusion and alarming message
that this folder has been deleted on the server and there were still emails
which could not be uploaded, so those emails are being removed to the new
folder "lost-and-found/mobile-20100601" or so.
The renamed folder was gone from my list of folders.

This message should not have come to pass.
In my analysis this happened, because I am only displaying folder that I have
subscribed to and the folder in question was subscribed on the server
before it was renamed.
But during the rename, the new folder name was unsubscribed.
My expectation would be that a folders local and server subscription level
is the same when the rename is completed.

I am using kdepim
Version: 4:3.5.10.enterprise.0.20100507.1125904-kk3

Ludwig, can you reproduce first.

assignedto: ludwig
keyword: enterprise35, kde client
messages: 25284
nosy: allen, bernhard, ludwig
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Renaming a subscribed folder can lead to emails moved into lost-and-found