[Kolab-devel] Feedback about issues.kolab.org needed

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Thu Jul 8 21:04:01 CEST 2010

Op donderdag 08 juli 2010 15:44:05 schreef Thomas Arendsen Hein:
> * Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl> [20100706 17:27]:
> > 3: change the order of comments.  The oldest on top the newest at the
> > bottom. That makes it much easier to read through an issue!
>
> I played with that two days ago (before reading your mail) and I
> like that in general. The only problem is, that the journal is at
> the end and if you have an issue with a long history the latest
> message appear somewhere in the middle of the text.

Hmm, that is not so nice indeed.  Perhaps it is possible at #last at the end
of url, forcing it to jump to the last update.

> Of course an anchor could work around this problem, ideally one
> which does not only jump to the last message, but to the last unread
> message ... hey, I think I just reinvented a web forum :)

#last is good enough.  It is not difficult to scroll or page up.  After that
one can continue reading downwards, which is natural thing to do.

> Question is: Is reordering the message worth the effort of all
> users/developers retraining their usage of the tracker _and_
> behaving differently to most other roundup installations?
> (I think it may be, but I'm not sure)

YES!

> An interesting fact is that http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/ does
> it this way, too, as does http://bugs.python.org/ ...

Plus many bugzilla installations, and other bug trackers as well.

--
Richard