[Kolab-devel] Search: Invalid DN syntax function.ldap-search

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 25 14:36:45 CET 2010

Am Sonntag, 24. Januar 2010 11:31:48 schrieb ComCept Soliva:
> [23-Jan-2010 14:59:36] PHP Warning:  ldap_search() [<a
> href='function.ldap-search'>function.ldap-search</a>]: Search: Invalid DN
> syntax in /opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 204
> [23-Jan-2010 14:59:36] PHP Warning:  ldap_get_entries(): supplied argument
> is not a valid ldap result resource in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 424
>
> Is this already recognized? Is it not known....I tried to figure out what
> is wrong but actually I could not?!
>
> Any suggestion?

My suggestion is to check the given line 204 and see which argument
is used there (maybe add a statement to print it out).

> By the way is there a documentation about Master/Slave configuration
> meaning how this works etc. I could not find anything. Any hints would be
> appriciated.

I think the documentation is in the architecture documents.
The idea is pretty simple: Replicate the directory server on the slave
(for which there is a bootstrap) have all read access on the slave accounts go
to the slave LDAP server and all write access (only by webadmin) to the
master.

Bernhard