[Kolab-devel] slapd.conf.template

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat Jan 16 19:15:04 CET 2010

On Friday 15 January 2010 03:21:40 am Mathieu Parent wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 6:03 AM, Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com>
wrote:
> > The template now has the possiblity to have the modules loaded or use
> > statically compiled modules
> > There is a line in the /dist/conf/distribution file called:
> > ldapserver_modulepath=false
> > What are the options beside "false"
>
> The path to the module directory
>
> > I need to modules to be loaded.
>
> dist_conf/debian as an example
>
> Regards
>
> Mathieu Parent

I have a heck of a time to get this working. I would like to have the native
installation as close as possible to the openpkg, but a lot of things don't
work out, mostly with openldap:
1. I put  ldapserver_modulepath : /user/lib/openldap INTO /dist_conf/mandriva
and get in
/etc/kolab/kolab.globals: ldapserver_modulepath : /user/lib/openldap

2. this results in the /etc/kolab/templates with:
@@@if ldapserver_modulepath@@@
modulepath     @@/user/lib/openldap@@

which seems correct

3. this results when trying to do a kolab-bootstrap -b in
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf:
modulepath     @@/user/lib/openldap@@
moduleload     back_bdb
moduleload     back_monitor
moduleload     refint
moduleload     unique

Why the @@?
AND the @@ are in the other slapd.access and slapd.replcas to but there I have
@@@

4. when taking the @@ off, the system cannot find the back_monitor module, BUT
it is at the location. all the other modules load OK
When taking modulepath     @@/user/lib/openldap@@ off in slapd.conf and the @@@
in the other two files as well, slaptest passes.

I hate to patch these three files.

--
Thomas