[Kolab-devel] [issue4161] DIMP not selectable in kolab-webclient login with auth driver kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Feb 25 20:34:36 CET 2010

Hi Arvid,

Quoting Arvid Requate <issues at kolab.org>:

> New submission from Arvid Requate <requate at univention.de>:
>
> With auth driver kolab there is no dropdown to select DIMP on user login

Correct.

> I am currently not aware of any other way to preselect DIMP on a per user or
> even a site-wide setting. Tested with horde-1.2-0 with kolab 2.2
> branch patches from
> http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/patches/horde-webmail/1.2.0/tg/?only_with_tag=kolab_2_2_branch

You should configure client/imp/config/servers.php the same way as
provided in t_GLOBAL_HK_GW_Config.diff in the patch directory you
mention.

On a standard OpenPKG server (it is helpful to have one installed for
reference purposes when working with the configuration on a native
port - which I assume is what you do) the mechanism works fine. We use
the imp login and correctly map uids to mail addresses. This happens
within the mentioned client/imp/config/servers.php.

There is no question whatsoever that the Horde 3 login process is
completely broken and the Kolab patches we use even aggravate the
situation. Nevertheless I assume we still need to stick to it at the
moment.

> The kolab auth driver is needed to call uid-to-email mapping hooks.

For the imp login this is also possible via other means as mentioned above.

Cheers,

Gunnar

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg