[Kolab-devel] Search: Invalid DN syntax function.ldap-search

ComCept Soliva soliva at comcept.ch
Sun Feb 14 11:49:39 CET 2010

Hi Gunnar

Sorry was in holidays for a fiew days :-)

I tried to include your suggested stuff "var_dump($base);" in the Code of:

/opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 204

But as a pity without success....I'm not so familar with php :-( can you
please advice how you would include it.

Regarding your suggstion what the symptomes are if this error occurs
following:

The error occures "ONLY" if a user is added or modified within the manager
interface. It happens also if a Distribution List ist added or modified. For
the manager itself which add's or modifies the users or distribution list on
the manager interface nothing occured meanining I added over 20 domains with
50 email address's and aliases but I never was kicked out or saw a blank
white page or a error from php or whatever. I'm using kolab since years and
this never occoured but I have to say what I did this time was to add a
Domain Maintainer which I never used before...could this be the reason? If I
looked in as the Domain Maintainer and added a user I had some kick outs and
blank white pages? I have a strange feeling about this function but that we
have no misunderstandig at all as Kolab Manager I had never blank pages or
uncontrolled kicke outs.

If you could advice where to add the code etc. I can follow up on this....

PS: One more thing which you are probably interessted....I did in rc.conf
template a modification....this means in the past for config the entry in
this file was:

openldap_url="ldap:// ldaps://"

This was working fine without any problems...in the newewst version the
entry is:

openldap_url="ldap://@@@bind_addr@@@/ ldaps://@@@bind_addr@@@/"

This was given errors and a lot of problems because the real entry in the
/kolab/etc/rc.conf was looking:

openldap_url="ldap://0.0.0.0/ ldaps://0.0.0.0/"

This does not work and I changed to 127.0.0.1 or back to the old style. Both
is working fine:

openldap_url="ldap:// ldaps://"

I do not think so that this has something to do with the issue which we are
discussion here even I do not understand the "openldap_url="ldap://0.0.0.0/
ldaps://0.0.0.0/". Looks for me funny and not usable. My opinion is that the
bind_addr did not work as expected because I'm using Kolab in a Solaris Zone
and the localhost as the 127.0.0.1 is handled in some circumstances in
another way.....this only for your information. I documented the overall
stuff on the Wiki:

https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Solaris

Kind regards

Andrea