[Kolab-devel] [issue4689] Hard to access the global address book in the webclient

Christoph Wickert issues at kolab.org
Wed Dec 29 12:45:26 CET 2010

It is pretty hard to get a list of the contacts in the common address book.

Address books -> Browse = Personal address book is shown.

Address books -> My Address Books -> Contacts -> Basic Search -> From: Global
Address Book -> Browse = Personal address book is shown.

Address books -> My Address Books -> Contacts -> Advanced Search -> Directory:
Global Address Book -> Browse = Global address book is shown.

Problems:
1. In order to list the global address book one needs to click
Search -> Advanced search -> Directory: Global Address Book -> Browse
OR
My Address Books -> Contacts -> Advanced search -> Directory: Global Address
Book -> Browse
This is not intuitive at all. The global Address book should be visible in the
list of address books in 'My Address Books' or another more prominent location.

2. Behavior of basic search vs. advanced search is inconsistent. While a change
in the 'Directory' dropdown of the advanced search is applied instantly, a
change in the 'From' dropdown in the simple search is not and you need to do an
empty search in order to switch to the global address book.

assignedto: wrobel
keyword: web client
messages: 27345
nosy: bogo, wickert, wrobel
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Hard to access the global address book in the webclient