[Kolab-devel] Kolab_Format

Alexander Haensch weimin at ipc.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Dec 10 16:16:05 CET 2010

 We deployed the Kolab Server successfully here in our working group. We
are quite happy with its solid architecture.
We migrated a few mailusers to the server and copied our shared-contacts
folders to a Kolab folder with the bynari connector.
Unfortunatly Horde is not able to view the big adressbook (1900 entries).
For viewing this adressbook in horde, we had to increase the
memory_limit in /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/php.ini.template .
As we are using a CRM system with thousands of contacts we want to bring
them to a Kolab shared folder. It is planned to implement this task as a
daily cronjob.
At the moment we are trying to use Horde_Kolab_Format (from PEAR /
version 1.0.2 ) to generate the kolab.xml file.
That part runs fine until we copy the kolab.xml the the imap with phps
imap_append function.
At the actual state, the contact entry  is recognized by the bynari
connector, but not by horde.

Questions:
1) Is it possible to use some part of Horde for uploading a email with
attachment to the server?
2) Is the syntax of "Horde_Kolab_Format" is going to be changed in the
future?
3) What is a healthy contact-folder size (measured in entries)? Does it
make sense to keep all contacts in one folder?
I'm asking this, because the bynari connector needs more than a minute
to sync the folder.
( I have the feeling that the connector is randomly recreating the
folder, which takes again more time)

kind regards,

Alexander Haensch