[Kolab-devel] [issue4500] Support customers both in LDAP and the kolab webadmin

Gunnar Wrobel issues at kolab.org
Wed Aug 18 17:39:58 CEST 2010

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

This is the core of the ISP patches. Despite being just a segment of
kolab/issue3463 (Kolab 2.2 patch adding new features for ISP functionality) it
is still huge.

I would like to be able to say that I fully understand the patch but I know I
don't. So these are just first impressions that I still need to detail.

My gut feeling is that the core of this patch is okay. As we only add new
objects to LDAP and the core Kolab server packages (like perl-kolab) see
relatively few modifications I assume that there are no major violations of the
current Kolab server structure.

Possible further steps:

 - Extract one patch without the kolab-webadmin changes (Would that be
sufficient to get the customer functionality or do we need the web admin? If not
than that would seem correct. If we need the web admin this might indicate a
problem).

 - Try splitting the kolab-webadmin changes in two parts. Maybe one could be
"handling customers" and the other would be "customer actions". So the first
would not anything valuable but it we be a self contained bit of functionality.
As far as I can see the first part would mainly affect the settings section of
the web admin.

----------
assignedto: wrobel
files: customers.patch
keyword: server, web admin
messages: 26106
nosy: bernhard, cwickert, jmeeuwen, martin, thomas, wilde, wrobel
status: unread
title: Support customers both in LDAP and the kolab webadmin

Kolab issue tracker <issues at kolab.org>
<https://issues.kolab.org/issue4500>