[Kolab-devel] zpush Milestone 2

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Tue Apr 27 09:44:16 CEST 2010

Hi Alain,

Here are my 2 cents on your questions:

On Monday 26 April 2010 10:58:04 Alain Abbas wrote:
> 1) imapd.annotation_definitions.template modificaton :
>    added :
>     /vendor/kolab/activesync,mailbox,string,backend,value.priv,a
>     How we proceed ?
>     * just say to modify it in the wiki or we package the file in the tgz
>  ? * where to commit it

This should be added to the server's HEAD and the upcoming releases.

> 2) zpush-config.php.template
>     we will have it for the 0.5 , where to commit it ?

It seems unlikely people would need a Kolab connector without a Kolab server.
So I'd suggest to put it into the "canonical" place, so it ends up in

	/kolab/etc/kolab/templates

for a normal install.

> 3) to handle annotation  we will  have a shared library
>     this library kolabActivesyncData.php will be used by the  backend ,
> by the  command line  utilities
>     and shoud be used by the GUI
>    * where to put in ( Pear ? , include directory of zpush , other place ?)
>    * if PEAR what i need to do to package correctly the lib ?

Good question.

Thomas? Sascha? Christoph? This really is a packaging question, it seems.

> 4) What we need on the BErlios's SVN
>     * if we generate the config file by the template and that the
> KolabSyncData library is in the PEAR or somewhere
>        what we would put in their SVN ( library ? , cmd utilities ?
> (more kolab things ?))

I would put everything in there - the scripts & co into a "tools"
subdirectory, most likely, in coordination with the Z-Push developers - to
make sure people who are looking for this will find it easily.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve