[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.2.3 domain maintainer function broken with impact to manager webadmin

ComCept Soliva soliva at comcept.ch
Mon Apr 26 21:16:09 CEST 2010

Hi Gunnar

You probably remember our case with the ldapsearch function which was coming
up as I added mailboxes/users/aliases etc. now you provided me a patch etc.
and afterwards the error disappeared. Since this I had never again any
errors etc. since this weekend I have a issue but I do not know if the old
case have something to do with the below described case (I don't think so):

On my kolab 2.2.3 I have running approx. 80 domains and 250 - 300
mailboxes/users and all domains as mailboxes/users was created with the
manager account. Also within the mailboxes/users I used several aliases etc.
no problems all running fine.

Now over the weekend I created as "manager" a new domain. Because the owner
of the domain would like to maintaine the domain by himself I created for
this a domain-maintner and activated for this account the specific domain.
To test the function I logged-out and logged-in again as the specific
domain-maintener. I created several accounts without any problems (no error
in logs). After that I added to a specific account admin at mydomain.ch a
alias. Within this process the webadmin interface confirmed "Added
successful.....". In the logs no errors. I tested the alias and recognized
that the mail is not accepted by kolab2 because of "no such recipient...". I
logged-in again as domain-maintainer and recongnized that within the Alias
field for the specific user no entry was existing even within the process of
creation the webadmin confirmed etc. I tried to add the alias again and
again the webadmin confirmed "Addes successful....". I clicked quick on
users to list all users and after that I clicked on "modify" for the
specific user to check if within the alias field the entry is existing but
this was again not the case.

After that I deleted the specific user as specific domain-maintainer and
checked on the webadmin if the account disappears which was the case. I
checked also on the spool dir if the mailbox for the specific user was
deleted which was the case.

After that I logged-in as manager and tried to create the same mailbox/user
again as "manager" but the webmin gives a error "User exisits as Vcard or
distribution list....". This is 100% not the case. I was not anymore able to
create the user as "manager". Because of this I logged-in again as the
specific domain-maintainer and tried to create the specific mailbox/user
again and this was successful. I tested the function of the mailbox for
maildelivery and on horde and all was working fine.

To solve the situation I created instead of aliases distribution list and
added as recipient the specific mailbox/user. Afterwards I tested all and it
works fine without any problems.

What I also recognize is/was that the distribution lists created by the
system are visible within the domain-maintainer but the recipient is not
anymore visible if the recipient is a email address of another domain. This
happens also if for testing I have given the domain-maintainer the rights
for the domain which is used as recipient within the distribution list
created by the system.

Again that we have no misunderstandings...If I use
user/mailbox/aliases/distribution list etc. as manager no problems except if
something is created which was existing and created as domain-maintainer and
afterwards as domain-maintainer deleted.

This sounds for me more or less regarding a broken function on the
domain-maintainer site impacting the managers Supervisor rights.

Within all tests I had the log running in the background (every log whatever
it is existing for kolab) but I hade absolut no errors within the
manipulation from today but I recognized following errors from the past days
but I can not 100% confirm they have something to do witht he issue
described:

==> /kolab/var/apache/log/php/php-errors.log <==
[16-Apr-2010 19:50:49] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a
href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: No such object in
/opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
[...]
[16-Apr-2010 23:43:56] PHP Warning:  ldap_modify() [<a
href='function.ldap-modify'>function.ldap-modify</a>]: Modify: Invalid
syntax in /opt/kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php on line 725
[23-Apr-2010 19:30:10] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a
href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: No such object in
/opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
[23-Apr-2010 19:37:34] PHP Warning:  ldap_modify() [<a
href='function.ldap-modify'>function.ldap-modify</a>]: Value array must have
consecutive indices 0, 1, ... in
/opt/kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php on line 725
[23-Apr-2010 19:38:19] PHP Warning:  ldap_modify() [<a
href='function.ldap-modify'>function.ldap-modify</a>]: Value array must have
consecutive indices 0, 1, ... in
/opt/kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php on line 725

Any ideas about this domain-maintainer function...is it really used or is it
a old function which is not used anymore...?!

Kind regards

Andrea Soliva

Mail: soliva at comcept.ch