[Kolab-devel] Poll: Kolab server switching to Mercurial SCM?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Apr 12 07:07:31 CEST 2010

Quoting Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

> * Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> [20100317 21:32]:
>> Do you have a rough idea when the switch might happen?
>
> Only a very rough idea:
>
> The original plan was to wait for an upgrade of wald.intevation.org
> to a current FusionForge version, but maybe I'll start earlier with
> a repository on hg.intevation.org. Having two repositories who sync
> with each other is absolutely no problem as soon as Wald grows
> support for Mercurial trees.
>
> So maybe within two months?

Thanks for the feedback. I personally hope for ASAP ;) as I'd really
like to have the additional flexibility of mercurial as compared to
CVS. I'd like to start playing around with a different way of
packaging (project-builder) and as that involves new directories
and/or a different structure - again ;) - I'm tempted to wait for hg
there. I can probably play around on github in the meantime though.

Cheers,

Gunnar