[Kolab-devel] zpush: name of the annotation Senario Proposal Modified

Alain Abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Wed Apr 7 22:33:52 CEST 2010

Georg C. F. Greve a écrit :
> On Thursday 01 April 2010 02:09:08 Alain Abbas wrote:
>
>> The Senario that i propose to resolve the User setting
>> 1) The User configure his phone for the synchronization and make a first
>> synchro
>>
>> 2) the backend detect that is a new phone and maintain a list of
>> SerialNumber/Device type int the INBOX annotation (Root)
>> in this step the USer have in his phone INBOX/* in flat or folder ( the
>> backend has detected the devicetype and switched automaticly in the
>> right type
>>

> We'll definitely need to store it somewhere, and this would be a logical place
> and consistent with the rest. So you would use another annotation for this?
>

>> 3) The user if he needs something more connect on the (admin or horde )
>> interface [...]
>>

> Agreed.
>

>> for the format i think the better is to use the function serialize
>> we push a Array by serialize php function in the Activesync Annotatoion
>>

> How language independent is the php serialization? Are there ways to
> manipulate it from other languages easily? Or do we have an alternative that
> is a bit less langage dependent we could use?

There are a library in perl, python ... to manipulate it
php serialization is simple
this array
$meta["SYNC"]["APPLX456796"]=1;
$meta["SYNC"]["ANDRO930038"]=0;

serialized

a:1:{s:4:"SYNC";a:2:{s:11:"APPLX456796";i:1;s:11:"ANDRO930038";i:0;}}
we could like that store in the future complex objects and states
http://www.unserialize.net/serialize

the idea is to have just a generic conterner in Annotation and set the
serialization inside it

Alain