[Kolab-devel] zpush: name of the annotation Senario Proposal Modified

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Apr 7 09:26:32 CEST 2010

On Thursday 01 April 2010 02:09:08 Alain Abbas wrote:
> The Senario that i propose to resolve the User setting
> 1) The User configure his phone for the synchronization and make a first
> synchro
>
> 2) the backend detect that is a new phone and maintain a list of
> SerialNumber/Device type int the INBOX annotation (Root)
> in this step the USer have in his phone INBOX/* in flat or folder ( the
> backend has detected the devicetype and switched automaticly in the
> right type

We'll definitely need to store it somewhere, and this would be a logical place
and consistent with the rest. So you would use another annotation for this?

> 3) The user if he needs something more connect on the (admin or horde )
> interface [...]

Agreed.

> for the format i think the better is to use the function serialize
> we push a Array by serialize php function in the Activesync Annotatoion

How language independent is the php serialization? Are there ways to
manipulate it from other languages easily? Or do we have an alternative that
is a bit less langage dependent we could use?

> //we must think to the alarm too

Good catch!

Yes, I think this would be good to handle, as well.

> and push with serialize() php function the data in the annotation and
> read it with unserialize() function , that make the code very simple and
> extensible.

Indeed.

But it will be very important to capsulate the configuration handling well in
ways that allow easy update if the way to store configuration changes in the
future - as the discussion showed it very well might.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve