[Kolab-devel] Packaging Sesame2 storage backend for Soprano (Nepomuk)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 18 17:33:25 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, 18. September 2009 16:20:18 schrieb Christopher Bertels:
> I just wanted to inform you, that I've been working on packaging Sesame2 as
> a storage backend for Nepomuk. After a bit of frustration I'm getting
> closer to the final goal now. I've packaged a few dependencies which
> haven't been packaged for Debian already. There are still some left, but I
> hope to get something working out by the middle of next week. Wish me luck.
> ;-)

Just some background information:
Nepomuk is a semantic search engine "backend" which we currently try to use in
a prototype called Kontact Prototype-E5. This of course is the next generation
KDE4 based Kolab Client, and if the prototype is successful it might become
the foundation for an enterprise 5 client.

Yes, we try to make Debian packages for Kontact prototype-e5 at some time,
development as always happens public in the kde repository.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEPOMUK_(framework)
http://nepomuk.kde.org/
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials#Nepomuk