[Kolab-devel] annotations patch in c-client what is the status?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Sep 2 09:49:47 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, 24. Juli 2009 09:23:58 schrieb Martin Konold:
> On Wednesday 01 July 2009 09:51:24 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Note that currently there is a new imap c++ library developed
> > (as part of our "prototype-e5" contract extending Kontact). This might be
> > able to replace the c-client library, especially in situations where it
> > actually is wrapped for access in an object oriented way.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepimlibs/kimap/

The new library currently lives in KDE's svn,
it is fine to use it for other purposes and you can ask questions
about it over the KDE lists. (Or try here on this list.)
I believe it is pretty complete, and if you find defects in it soon
the chances are higher that we just fix them.
It depends on QT4 (the non-gui part, which is a general C++ class library).
There is a weak dependency on KDE, if you like to have SSL/TLS certificate
handling, but you can do without.
kimap is a lot faster and more complete than other libraries we've examined.
Our development target with it is to use it in KDE Kontact (Prototype-E5),
but hey this is Free Software, it would be cool to have a community around it.

> > BH (in cc) will post later where to find the library.
> I did not see the relevant post.

Sorry for the delay, we are planning to have a techbase wiki page but this did
not happen as fast as I was hoping for.

Bernhard