[Kolab-devel] z-push Kolab backend

Alain abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Sat Oct 31 00:08:55 CET 2009

hi Gunnar

I had iphone problems that i resolved today ( problem with folder by
default when i wrote a contact  on the iphone  and when there are shared
folders)
i will publish the code e in the trunk for the 0.2 thursday  im busy before)
this code a these features :
- Annotation detection for default Contacts folder and default Calendar
( for the moment with the standard imap library  )
- Shared folders Contacts on the iphone
- for the moment annotation code is ugly but we will migrate on the
Kolab_Storage Library

Must to test and not tested now :
-Mobile Windows ( i ve got just a HTC with an old Windows mobile Version)
- Blackbery with a third software for Exchange connexion

bugs that i noticed for the 0.2
- performance with shared Calendar ( due to the cutOffdate that is not
implemented )
- display bug with users shared folders in Calendar and Contacts (
displayed the name of the user and not user/folder)

we have put the code on your production server this friday.

for the 0.3 i would migrate the imap library -> kolab_Storage like you
adviced and work arround the cutOffDate that would be great
for performance when more than one Calendar would be pushed on the
mobile (iphone)

Could you install  the trac bug and the feature request ? perhaps well ,
i let you decide you have got more experience than me .

Alain  Abbas
Regards and good week end