[Kolab-devel] List of issues for Kolab Server 2.2.3

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 21 10:13:32 CEST 2009

Mathieu,

Am Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2009 18:14:15 schrieb Mathieu Parent:
> > Here is a preliminary list of issues we want to address in Kolab
> > Server 2.2.3, we aim to make the release in December:
>
> Will this release comes from the kolab_2_2_branch? (probably...)

yes.

> Current roadmap says "It is planned to have further improvements in a
> release 2.3.0 in the second half of 2009. ", when will be the 2.3.0
> pre-release ?

We might need to adjust the roadmap - I am not sure yet.
As always: What we are able to do depends on how much time,
funding and help we have?

> Also as the team is probably too small to manage feature-based
> releases, wouldn't it be preferable to do time-based releases ?

A good question. I haven't made up my mind about it.
To me the 2.2.3 is already time-based. We aim for a release before the end
of the year and we try to plan the included features according to it.
So we might have less changes included, if the time runs out.

> I am currently preparing a testsuite for the whole kolab server
> ([testsuite]) that will ease the development process (I hope).

Most automatic tests promise help. Of course their maintenance and stepup must
be less work intensive than doing the tests manually. :)
(Seriously I have seen quite a few attempts at automatic testing that did not
meet that criteria, we even have some partly finished things for Kolab
Server.)

Best,
Bernhard