[Kolab-devel] List of issues for Kolab Server 2.2.3

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Nov 25 09:22:23 CET 2009

* Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> [20091124 21:06]:
> Quoting Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:
>> Gunnar (wrobel):
>>   kolab/issue3856 (IMP/DIMP folder navigator does not allow
>> creating/deleting/... mail folders)
>>     (partly fixed: new folders are not shown until next login)
>>   kolab/issue3594 (Mail containing NUL byte not delivered, Kolab
>> Filter does not report lmtp error)
>>     (better handling of lmtp errors by kolab filter)
>>   kolab/issue3952 (Version in kolabconf is not replaced in the build process)
>>   Verify/apply patches from Univention (e.g. SyncML issues)
>
> I think I'm done with those. Of course some things might come back from
> testing. Hopefully not.

One thing already is: kolab/issue3499

I'll add the current TODO at the end.

> I'm tempted to move to Kolab-Server-2.3 now. Though I'm certain you
> still find a few things that are urgent for 2.2.3 :)

I probably will. For HEAD I think bringing everything that is in
kolab_2_2_branch into HEAD is the most important thing now.

I got some comments regarding minor problems (more usability issues
than a defect) in the web client, but I did not create public issues
for those yet.

> In any case I believe there won't be many targets left by the end of
> next week. When do you think we might start building/packaging 2.2.3?

With much help from Kalle (khruskowski in the tracker) a bunch of
issues on testing could be set to resolved and so far it looks good.

But there are still many 2.2.3-targets on my list to do. Maybe I can
pass some of those (e.g. issue1340) over to you?

One of those things is finding the bogus event or contact from
kolab/issue3751 so you can make the web client (and probably
resource manager) understand or ignore it.

Regards,
Thomas

Here's the current TODO list:

Thomas (thomas):
  small effort:
    switch imapd databases back from berkeley to skiplist
      (skiplist has proven to cause less performance and stability issues)
    kolab/issue3951 (kolabconf -n (noreload) restarts services if RUNONCHANGE is used)
      (rbos provided a patch)
    kolab/issue3513 (Clamav - new upstream version 0.95.3)
      (needs cleanup: release-notes, Makefile)
    kolab/issue3594 (Mail containing NUL byte not delivered, Kolab Filter does not report lmtp error)
      (Use "message_reject_characters = \0")
    kolab/issue3838 (no logging for pop3)
      (small change in imapd package required)
    kolab/issue1448 (Users might add an account on the nonHome Server and write emails in there.)
      (probably just adjust ACLs)
    kolab/issue3895 (Openldap: loglevel should be set to none in slapd.conf)
      (small change, big benefit)
    kolab/issue3938 (compiling procmail fails on Fedora 11 and Ubuntu karmic)
      (updated OpenPKG package available)
    kolab/issue3940 (Deleting users does not work if master Kolab server is not master LDAP)
      (workaround exists, needs real fix)
  larger effort:
    (no public issue) Option to restrict MDNs to local server
      (new feature, but requested by customer)
    kolab/issue3751 (Empty page in Firefox instead of login screen)
      (caused by a broken event or contact, needs further investigation)
    kolab/issue3138 (problems with server upgrade from sarge to etch)
      (we have done this a couple of times from sarge or etch to lenny now)
    kolab/issue1340 (RFC: restrict users to sending mail only to internal recipients)
      (new feature, but requested by customers)

Gunnar (wrobel):
  kolab/issue3499 (creating/modifying users with special characters in name confuses web admin)
    (was already "testing", but the problem still persists)

Sascha (wilde):
  kolab/issue973 (Rewritten from shown inconveniently in kontact)
    (patch for server-side available)

maybe:
  kolab/issue2991 (The Kolab web client is always in the privileged networks)
  kolab/issue2919 (domain maintainer can't edit quota of his users)
  kolab/issue3445 (web client does not work with Konqueror)
  kolab/issue3567 (Migrate Horde prefs 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1, 2.2.2)
    (requested by many people, though not customers)
  improve build process:
  - Makefile target for 2.2.2 -> 2.2.3
  - SHA1 checksums for things downloaded during build process

And as usual, many of the issues which were fixed recently need testing.
Link for all server and web client issues on testing:
https://issues.kolab.org/issue?:columns=title,id,keyword&:group=priority&:filter=keyword,status&status=6&keyword=1,19

Some of the issues that need testing are:
  kolab/issue919  (kolab server has problems with some characters in passwords)
  kolab/issue2499 (Notification messages by the resource manager should be localized)
  kolab/issue3846 (fix recurring events that are counted per week and not per incident)
  kolab/issue3952 (Version in kolabconf is not replaced in the build process)

  kolab/issue3594 (Mail containing NUL byte not delivered, Kolab Filter does not report lmtp error)
    (testing for: better handling of lmtp errors by kolab filter)

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998