[Kolab-devel] [issue3499] creating/modifying users with special characters in name confuses web admin

Thomas Arendsen Hein kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Mar 20 18:21:57 CET 2009

New submission from Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

Creating a user with firstname 'test,me' (without single quotes) causes
2.2.1-rc1 and kolab_2_2_branch (I assume HEAD, too) to either show an internal
server error or just a blank page, but the user gets created.
When then trying to modify it, an error message is shown:
LDAP Error: No such dn: cn=test\\2Cme last,dc=example,dc=com: No such object

Creating a user with firstname '"test"' and lastname '"me"' (without single
quotes, but with double quotes) does not work at all and shows the following
error when trying:
LDAP Error: could not add object cn=\\"test\\" \\"me\\",dc=example,dc=com:
Invalid DN syntax

assignedto: wrobel
messages: 19211
nosy: martin, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: creating/modifying users with special characters in name confuses web admin
topic: server, web admin