[Kolab-devel] TODO list for Kolab Server 2.2.1 final

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Fri Mar 13 13:14:09 CET 2009

Hi!

Yesterday I created the kolab_2_2_branch in CVS based on the tag for
2.2.1-rc1 so we can stabilize for the final release. CVS HEAD
already contains some reorganizations and bigger changes and thus
needs too much testing to become the upcoming release.

TODOs for 2.2.1-rc1 in the kolab_2_2_branch are:

Kolab Server:

 Gunnar:

  - Port kolab/issue3413 (freebusy fails after uprading Kolab_FreeBusy
    until kolabconf is run) from HEAD.

  - Revert initial changes for kolab/issue2499 (Notification messages
    by the resource manager sould be localized) in kolab_2_2_branch.
    Those changes were supposed to not be user-visible in 2.2.1-rc1,
    but they caused some encoding issues in kolabfilter and dimp
    (kolab/issue3462 and kolab/issue3464).

  - Port kolab/issue3438 (kolabFreeBusyPast is not used) from HEAD.

  - Fix kolab/issue3472 (web client user prefs not deleted when user
    gets deleted), for now kolabd should simply try to remove the
    prefs file itself if it exists.

  - Fix kolab/issue3450 (freebusy/user at example.com.ifb returns
    extended free/busy information).

  - Fix kolab/issue3420 (web client prefs and hooks should be
    configurable via templates) as this is only a small change but
    very useful for adjusting the webclient in production setups.

 Thomas:

  - Port Mathieu's webadmin fix for an undefined $conn from HEAD
    (done a few moments ago).

  - Fix kolab/issue3096 (Address book aliases shouldn't redirect
    outgoing mails).

  - Document a way to work around kolab/issue3138 (problems with
    server upgrade from sarge to etch).

  - Try to make kolab/issue3130 (Perl Error on Upgrade) reproducible
    (so Gunnar can fix it), otherwise the documentation to be
    created for kolab/issue3138 above will help with this, too.

 A new ClamAV release was originally scheduled for next week, but
 already got delayed to the following week, so I'm not sure if we
 can include it in 2.2.1, but it will be released as an update as
 soon as it is available and tested.

Kolab Webclient:

 Gunnar:

  - Port kolab/issue3444 (No error message when login fails because
    of wrong credentials) from HEAD.

  - Port kolab/issue3452 (Allow to configure the default imp view offered
    to the user) from HEAD.

  - Port kolab/issue3451 (Folder list does not get updated in dimp after
    creating a new folder) from HEAD (if he thinks this isn't too
    invasive).

And everyone: testing, testing, testing ... :)

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998