[Kolab-devel] Freebusy data not provided (native openSUSE)

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Sun Mar 8 22:09:58 CET 2009

Hi Gunnar,

Op zondag 08 maart 2009 16:46:10 schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
> >> You can also set 'display_errors' to be 'On'. In that case PHP errors
> >> should be dumped to the browser.
> >
> > # grep errors /srv/www/htdocs/freebusy/config.php
> > ini_set('display_errors', 1);
> >
> > It looks like the logs are set correctly.  I wonder why nothing gets
> > logged when line 216
> > ($result = $this->_cache->load($access, $req_extended);) is
> > executed, hopefully you have a clue?
>
> Hm, that might make it hard to find the error. I guess you hit
> something where an '@' is used to supress error messages. These are
> problematic for the exact reason that debugging can be quite difficult.
>
> If you'd have a PHP debugger running it would be easy but I assume
> that is not the case.

Hmm, I'm not aware that I have a PHP debugger around.  How does one get such a
beast?  Is this part of php or is it a seperate application?

> Do you use the Kolab PHP libraries on a server that has an unpatched
> PHP (meaning not patched for Kolab)? In that case the PEAR-Net_IMAP
> library might be missing.

I was sure that I was using php5-imap-kolab (which is the patched version of
php5-imap), but it was not installed.  I corrected that and now the the
package is pulled in correctly.  Unfortunately, it did not solve the problem.
The same problem is still there.  Anyway, would it be possible to add unit
tests, that test the correct working of the kolab patches that are added to
imap (http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/patches/imap/) and php
(http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/patches/php/) or are you
already testing these?  Is this possible at all, if it is possible it would be
very useful.

If you or someone else has an idea, to get me going a little further that
would be nice and appreciated.

--
Richard