[Kolab-devel] New Kontact e35 version in apt "testing"!

itsef-admin at brightsight.com itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Mon Mar 2 16:35:50 CET 2009

Quoting Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

[Supporting e35 packages for Kubuntu 8.04]

> Thanks for the offer, I think Bernhard (Herzog) will at some point set things
> up in an SCM somewhere and you'll get access.

Grand.

>> I'd be interested in the plans for KDE4, anyway, at some point...
>
> In what respect?
> E4 is there for Lenny, as you've probably noticed in the saegewerk.
> It is in beta. So unless you have Windows or Mac, you better go with e35.

Well, I justed wanted to clarify (as I haven't spent much time on this
at all so far): For anything KDE4 based (e.g. Kubuntu 8.10 and
onward), e4 *will* be the way to go, right? How long will e35 be
supported, then? As I said, it's unlikely we move on before well into
Kubuntu 9.10, as I really want KDE4 to stabilise before I touch it
anywhere else than on testmachines (never mind having to re-educate
users about the new interface... <sigh>). I haven't looked at e4 yet -
I take it that at least *that* interface won't change as much? :-}

[...]
> Yes, positive reports would be very cool.
> Just send a message like: Moved to version X with Y people for Z days
> and all is fine. ;)

Grand, will do. Whereto, actually?

Cheerio,

Thomas