[Kolab-devel] New Kontact e35 version in apt "testing"!

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 2 12:56:36 CET 2009

Am Montag, 2. März 2009 10:03:03 schrieb ITSEF Admin:
> > in the mid term we hope to set up a mill for building ubuntu packages
> > as well, all we need is a maintainer for the packaging of this version.
> > Thomas, you are a likely candidate to help us here, aren't you? >;)
>
> Now, who didn't see that one coming? :-} I'd say, once you're far enough,
> contact me off-list and we can discuss this. I doubt I'll be able to
> support anything but Kubuntu 8.04 until well after Kubuntu 9.10 has been
> released, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thanks for the offer, I think Bernhard (Herzog) will at some point set things
up in an SCM somewhere and you'll get access.

> I'd be interested in the plans for KDE4, anyway, at some point...

In what respect?
E4 is there for Lenny, as you've probably noticed in the saegewerk.
It is in beta. So unless you have Windows or Mac, you better go with e35.

> > I am still considering when to move to stable. Maybe after another week
> > given at least about three independent feedbacks that nothing has krept
> > up.
>
> Hm - so far, I've never been in that loop, i.e. I never reported back
> unless something went wrong. Am I right in assuming that "positive" reports
> would also be helpful for you? In that case I'll try and keep an eye on
> what comes back from our users after I pushed the latest unstable out here.

Yes, positive reports would be very cool.
Just send a message like: Moved to version X with Y people for Z days
and all is fine. ;)

Bernhard