[Kolab-devel] annotations patch in c-client what is the status?

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Fri Jun 5 00:09:02 CEST 2009

Op donderdag 04 juni 2009 22:26:27 schreef Martin Konold:
> On Thursday 04 June 2009 21:27:40 Richard Bos wrote:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> >  If so, is the kolab project (actually
> > the companies behind the project) willing to provide funding for the
> > c-client library?
>
> I see no point in helping panda in any way beyond providing patches. They
> seem to try to blackmail their users. IMHO a very bad strategy I am not
> going to suppport. The dynamics in the c-client library was simply not
> there during the last years.
>
> I popose to make another fork of the original c-client library and maintain
> it within kolab.org publically.

But how do you convince distributions to use this fork?  If the distributions
will stick to the original one, the situation is not improved on the contrary
it will be confusing.

> In the long run the c-client library will not survive anyway.

Can you elaborate on this a bit more?  How long is your run, if that will take
years, it is not a good situation either.  Is it not possible to deliver this
solution faster, so it can be used now?

--
Richard