[Kolab-devel] Kolab connector for Mac OS

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 14 14:23:26 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 13. Juli 2009 18:57:58 schrieb Tyrell Berry:
> Expanding SyncML seems to be a logical approach.  There are already
> funambol-based projects for other devices, like vcardio for android, and
> considering funambol is open source, I'm equally sure I can get my hands on
> their code reletively easy, so to expand it and make it work with custom
> fields.

I've heard that with funambol you'll need to buy a proprietary enterprise
edition, if you desire to get real support for the product and the product
matrix. I haven't rechecked this myself, though.

> It wouldn't "Push" the changes the way that a solution which
> bridges through mobileme/Apple Sync Services would, but is certainly a
> solution that would benifit more iPhone users than my original
> proposition.   I will investigate further.

If you find results about different ways how to integrate sync with the Kolab
System, our wiki would love to have it (and the references of course). :)

> As for Z-sync, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought activesync only
> supported the standard VCard fields?  If it in fact supports custom labels
> and such, it would be a far better match for my needs than any funambol
> based solution could ever be...

I don't know. Might be worth checking, though.