[Kolab-devel] annotations patch in c-client what is the status?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 1 09:51:24 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, 5. Juni 2009 12:03:43 schrieb Martin Konold:
> > >  - security fixes versus blackmail
> >
> > Indeed, but have a look at this page: http://panda.com/imap/
> > and see the number of fixes that have been made to the
> > c-client already.  Would a fork be able to provide the same
> > number of fixes?
>
> Claiming to have fixed a security problem without disclosure is simply
> blackmailing. I am not interested in dealing with these people.
>
> Maybe it is better to invest either in a fork or in another solution.

Just from reading the thread I agree with Martin
that we should look into a fork if we need this c-client library.

Note that currently there is a new imap c++ library developed
(as part of our "prototype-e5" contract extending Kontact). This might be able
to replace the c-client library, especially in situations where it actually
is wrapped for access in an object oriented way.

BH (in cc) will post later where to find the library.

Bernhard