[Kolab-devel] [issue3352] Way to show the OpenPGP keys a message is encrypted to

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Jan 16 12:58:17 CET 2009

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

As of Kontact on Etch Version: 4:3.5.10.enterprise.0.20081202.891698-kk2
and also enterprise4, it is not possible to see from an Email
to which keys it is encryted-to.

Lately I found out that I need that often for two reasons:
a) I did not have the secret key to decrypt and I wondered which key it is.
b) There were other recipients and I was wanted to reply-to all and fetch
   the same keys that the first sender used.

My workaround is to save the email and use gpg2 -v --decrypt
on the command line.

This wish might be interesting for S/MIME as well and might even influence the
selection of keys or automatic key finding in the future.

assignedto: allen
messages: 18266
nosy: allen, bernhard, bh, ludwig, marc
priority: wish
status: unread
title: Way to show the OpenPGP keys a message is encrypted to
topic: enterprise35, enterprise4, kde client