[Kolab-devel] [issue3442] sieve: fails to mark some message as \Seen

Marc Mutz kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Feb 26 15:28:45 CET 2009

New submission from Marc Mutz <marc at kdab.net>:

I'm using the following Sieve filter snippet to file away SPAM into a separate
folder, and automatically mark them as read (\Seen in IMAP speak):
 if header :contains "x-spam-flag" "yes" {
    setflag "\\Seen";
    fileinto /*:flags "\\Seen"*/ "INBOX/SPAM";
    stop;
 }
I never see the fileinto misbehaving, and I get hundreds of SPAM mails a day,
but every once in a while the setflag seems to fail. Usually, I have one or two
SPAM mails a week that are not marked read. However, today, I got five. I've
also seen non-\Seen mails from this code:
 if anyof( allof( header :regex "x-spam-status" "BAYES_[6-9][0-9]",
		 not header :contains "x-spam-flag" "yes" ),
	  allof( header :regex "x-spam-status" "BAYES_[0-4][0-9]",
		 header :contains "x-spam-flag" "yes" ) )
 {
    if header :is "Subject" "Auto-discard notification" {
        setflag "\\Seen";
    }
    fileinto "INBOX/Not Kosher";
    stop;
 }

It's pretty new, so I can't say for sure, but I think the ratio of correctly
marked vs. non-correctly marked mails is 2:1 here (very low sample, though).

Again, the fileinto never failed me. Ever. It's the setflag that's a bit shaky.

messages: 18785
nosy: marc
status: unread
title: sieve: fails to mark some message as \Seen
topic: server