[Kolab-devel] thomas: server release-notes.txt,1.387,1.388

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Feb 25 08:28:46 CET 2009

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Hello,
>
> some questions related to newly released kolab packages and packaging them on
> openSUSE:
>
> Op dinsdag 24 februari 2009 17:47:27 schreef cvs at kolab.org:
>> +    - Horde_Notification-0.0.2-20090223
>> +
>> +       New package needed for running unit tests of Kolab PHP packages.
>
> Which module is really using this module when tests are executed?  Are e.g.
> tests in kolab-filter using methods from this Horde_Notification module?
>   I would like to know this to determine which rpm should pull in
> this package
> as a dependency.  Or do all kolab-* packages requires this package?

The modules Kolab_Storage, Kolab_FreeBusy, and Kolab_Filter use these
new modules for their unit tests. I only added these optional
dependencies in Kolab_Filter at the moment (see that package spec).

Currently running the tests on an OpenPKG system yields:

PHPUnit 3.3.3 by Sebastian Bergmann.

Time: 0 seconds

OK (14 tests, 58 assertions)
PHPUnit 3.3.3 by Sebastian Bergmann.

.......IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...................  60 / 121
.......................................IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 120 / 121

Time: 0 seconds

OK, but incomplete or skipped tests!
Tests: 121, Assertions: 177, Incomplete: 56.
PHPUnit 3.3.3 by Sebastian Bergmann.

...........................F.....

Time: 1 second

There was 1 failure:

1) testGetImapFailNoServer(Horde_Kolab_Storage_FolderTest)
Failed asserting that two strings are equal.
expected string <localhost>
difference      <xxxxxxxxx???????>
got string      <imap.example.org>
/kolab/lib/php/test/Kolab_Storage/Horde/Kolab/Storage/FolderTest.php:167

FAILURES!
Tests: 33, Assertions: 197, Failures: 1.
PHPUnit 3.3.3 by Sebastian Bergmann.

Time: 2 seconds

OK (21 tests, 44 assertions)
PHP Warning:  require_once(Horde/Kolab/Test.php): failed to open
stream: No such file or directory in
/kolab/lib/php/test/Kolab_FreeBusy/Horde/Kolab/FreeBusy/FreeBusyTest.php on
line 17
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
'Horde/Kolab/Test.php' (include_path='.:/kolab/lib/php') in
/kolab/lib/php/test/Kolab_FreeBusy/Horde/Kolab/FreeBusy/FreeBusyTest.php on
line 17
make: *** [test] Fehler 255

Basically 1 failure in Kolab_Storage and some bigger problems in
Kolab_FreeBusy.

Kolab_FreeBusy is still on my ToDo-List.

>> +    - Horde_Prefs-0.0.3-20090223
>> +
>> +       New package needed for running unit tests of Kolab PHP packages.
>> +
>>      - Kolab_Filter-0.1.4-20090224
>
> The build of this package results in some files on unexpected locations.
> These files are:
>    /usr/share/doc/packages/kolab-filter/Kolab_Filter/man/man1/kolabfilter.1
>
> /usr/share/php5/PEAR/data/Kolab_Filter/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/Kolab_Filter.mo
>
> I would expect the file
> /usr/share/doc/packages/kolab-filter/Kolab_Filter/man/man1/kolabfilter.1 to
> end up in  /usr/share/man/man1  Is to possible to enforce this location with
> the pear install command?  Is something like this:
> pear -d man_dir=/usr/share/man
> possible?  It does not work for me.  This is explainable if I read this page:
> http://pear.php.net/manual/en/guide.users.commandline.config.php

Indeed that does not work. If you look at the Kolab_Filter.spec you
see that I move that file manually into the correct location. PEAR
does not know about man files at the moment. Then again there are not
really that many people writing command line tools in PHP anyhow.
Though I guess this will appear more and more often and I hope they
are going to make the PEAR installer into a more decent package
management tool soon.

> Is the file Kolab_Filter.mo going to be stored at the right spot, see listing
> above?

I still have to figure out where to place this one on the Kolab
server. Storing translations in PEAR packages is something also not
really supported. I guess Horde will lead the field in that area as we
will need a solution for that soon as we are currently working on
Horde 4 which will require support for this, too.

Cheers,

Gunnar